The Alexandria Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) promotes walking and biking in Alexandria, Virginia. Our activities include education and outreach, leading rides and walks, advocacy for safe walking and biking infrastructure, bike and pedestrian traffic counts and other initiatives that encourage and support more walking and biking.
We seek to:
- Provide citizen input in planning bicycle trails, bicycle parking and bicycle street access in Alexandria.
- Promote bicycle and pedestrian safety, education, and awareness.
- Inform the City Council, staff, and citizens about bicycling and pedestrian issues that affect the citizens of Alexandria.
- Provide citizen input in the planning, review and implementation process of transportation projects in and around Alexandria.
- Forge links with other citizen advisory committees and commissions in Alexandria, as well as in neighboring communities, that share common bicycling and walking interests. .
- Work with the Alexandria city staff including the Principal Transportation Planner and the Complete Streets Coordinator to achieve these goals.
- Jim Durham (Chair)
- Mary-Jane Roth (Vice Chair for Pedestrians)
- Zack DesJardins (Vice Chair for Cyclists)
- Jake Jakubek (Secretary)
- Casey Kane (Treasurer)